Saturday, October 18, 2014

Sympathy Bokeh Background with Inka Gold Metallic Rub


 

Needed a sympathy card and found a technique called Bokeh Background on Splitcoast Stampers.  Cased the card created by Lydia Fiedler for the tutorial.  She used metallic gelato, but I didn't have any so I substituted the Steel Blue Inka Gold Metallic Rub that I bought on sale months ago because it looked interesting.  Her beautiful card included gelato on the stamped butterfly and the surrounding dots that are the Bokeh technique.  I used the Inka Rub all over the card front because I couldn't stop playing with it.


Rubbed the blue Inka Rub on the butterfly stamp from the Unity KOM  Jan. 2012 Heart & Soul and stamped it a little left of the center of a piece of  SU Very Vanilla cardstock.  Rubbed more Inka Rub on the card front with a folded piece of paper towel leaving some areas uncovered.  As in the tutorial I used a  pencil eraser in the Inka Gold Rub to stamp  the dots surrounding the butterfly.  

Stamped the same butterfly from Unity on a scrap of SU Very Vanilla with SU Tempting Turquoise ink and cut it out  and popped it up a little off center over the Inka Rub butterfly I'd stamped earlier. Stamped a sentiment from MFT Clearly Sentimental about Sympathy and framed it and the card front with  SU Tempting Turquoise card stock.  Glued a piece of SU linen thread and a small SU button and drew on the butterfly antennae with Liquid Applique' touched up with a SU Tempting Turquoise marker.   

 I'm sorry that the  richness of the color from the Rub doesn't show up in the photo.  This is a lovely technique I'll use again.  Thank you Lydia for the tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment